You're in the middle of debugging a SharePoint 2010 project in Visual Studio 2010, say you've been stepping through your code for a couple of minutes trying to isolate a code-level defect and receive the message "The web server process that was being debugged has been terminated by Internet Information Services (IIS)". Here's a quick way to resolve it for your development environment.
Please note, this should only be used in a development environment and not in production.
- Open the IIS MMC snap-in via right-click on Computer -> Manage -> Services and Applications -> IIS Manager. You can also run it from the command line directly "%systemroot%\system32\inetsrv\iis.msc".
- Select your server, then Application Pools.
- Select the application pool associated with the web app you are debugging.
- Select Advanced Settings under the Edit Application Pool heading.
5. On Advanced Settings, change the Ping Enabled setting to False.